Are you looking at Star Health Insurance plans to cover your health needs? Do you know about the list of diseases covered under Star Health Insurance Plans? If not, read on.
A major illness can bring about sudden worries of a large sum of money to be arranged and spent on the treatment of the disease. Some people might even get into huge debts while bearing the cost of treatment that they had to incur. Alternatively, some people might even have to spend their entire savings to cure such diseases. So, what should you do to stay away from such a situation? Of course, the best alternative is to buy health insurance offering good coverage.
If you are looking for a comprehensive health insurance plan, you can consider the plans of Star Health & Allied Insurance, which is a trustworthy name in the field of insurance and offers many good health packages to cover your health and that of your family.
Read More : Know more About the Star Health Insurance Company
The Star health plans are all inclusive offering security against :
- in-patient hospitalization costs
- pre and post hospitalization costs
- Daycare costs
- Ambulance costs etc.
Let us discuss the diseases that are covered under Star health insurance and get a detailed info about the star health insurance covered diseases list to understand the policy offerings better.
Types of Diseases that are Covered under Star Health Insurance Policy
Here is a list of diseases that are covered under the various Star Health Insurance plans:
- Diabetes – This disease is caused due to inadequacy of insulin hormone in the body leading to increased level of sugar in the patient’s blood. Being a chronic disease, it causes a lot of expenses to the people suffering from this disease. Though all the health insurance policies of Star do not offer protection against diabetes, there are some policies which provide coverage against the disease including cost of hospitalization. These policies cover both Type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Different Kinds of Cancers – At present, cancer is one of the deadliest diseases which causes the healthy tissues of the body to get damaged. Star Health offers exclusive health policies such as Star Health Cancer Care Gold Plan which protects the insured against costs arising from the treatment of cancer if it is diagnosed.
- Cataract – Cataract causes vision issues in your eyes. To get treatment for this eye defect one doesn’t require hospitalization of more than 24 hours in normal circumstances. In fact, it can be treated as part of daycare procedure. Star Health & Allied Insurance offers numerous health plans that cover the insured person against such procedures.
- Cardiovascular Diseases – These diseases are caused due to the heart’s irregular working conditions along with blood vessels. The abnormal heart function exposes individuals to the risk of cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure or hypertension, stroke, mild to major heart attack. Star Health & Allied Insurance offer coverage against such diseases via two of their health plans namely; Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy, Star Criticare Plus, etc.
- Tumor in Brain – A fatal condition caused due to abnormal growth of brain cells and which requires expensive medical procedure. The Criticare health insurance policy of Star Health covers this condition.
- ASD or Autism Spectrum Disorder – This is a condition of the brain under which the patient’s communication skills including verbal, non-verbal are affected along with their skills of social interaction. The Special Care Policy of Star Health & Allied Insurance is crafted specially to protect the autistic children under this plan.
- Kidney Disease – The chronic kidney issues appear when the kidney of a person fails to function properly. This illness is covered by Star Health & Allied Insurance under the Criticare Policy. Here, the insured gets covered against expenses incurred in the treatment of kidney ailments.
- Psychiatric Disorders – Mental illnesses such as psychiatric and psychosomatic disorders are also covered by Star Health & Allied Insurance under their Star Medi Classic Insurance. Mental diseases have an impact on the life and health of the one suffering from it. The treatment is expensive and usually takes time. With Star Medi Classic Insurance, you can get protection against such expenses.
- COVID-19 – Of course, Covid-19 has turned out to be one of the most infectious diseases of late causing grave damage to numerous lives since its emergence. Most health insurance plans of Star Health & Allied Insurance protect you against hospitalization costs that arise out of COVID-19 if diagnosed positive.
Also Know: Steps to Renew Star Health Insurance Online
Hopefully the above list helps you understand the type of diseases covered under Star health insurance. Other than the above list there are many other diseases that are also covered under Star health insurance plans. Some such diseases include;
- irreversible paraplegia
- cerebrovascular stroke
- irreversible quadriplegia etc.
It is better to check the different star health insurance policies that are available so that you can make sure that most diseases that you want protection against are covered under your plan.
However, there are many aspects to consider before purchasing a policy as per the requirement of the individual. They include the rider facility or the add-on coverage, the amount of premium to be paid for a particular policy, medical history of your family and so on. So, buy a policy after considering these aspects accordingly and get complete protection against most diseases under your Star health insurance plans.
Also, it is important to check the Star health insurance not covered diseases list or the different illnesses that are not protected by Star health insurance. For instance, the health insurer doesn’t offer coverage against some diagnostic tests prescribed to the insured as outpatient. So, you need to ensure the same before buying the policy.
Read more on Health Insurance – Zoritolerimol