Dengue Insurance Cover
The pandemic has rocked the world and made us realize the importance of shopping for a medical insurance policy. Offering oodles of advantages to the policyholder, medical insurance plans save one from the financial burden caused in case of some health emergency. Each day, the medical insurance sector is expanding its arena by offering special plans and coverage to consumers. One such lucrative cover to contemplate when buying the best medical insurance plan is the Dengue cover.
So, is Dengue covered under mediclaim? Let’s find out about it in this text. But before talking about medical insurance cover for dengue, it’s imperative that one knows about dengue fever.
With the monsoon comes the season of assorted diseases, especially those that happen resulting from mosquito bites. One such disease that waits for the onset of monsoon to spread its wings is dengue fever. Caused resulting from the bite of the Aedes mosquito, dengue fever shows traits just like common flu with other symptoms like high fever, fatigue, vomiting, severe headache, and body rash. If not treated on time, dengue may drop the blood platelet count within the patient. It results in the necessity for hospitalization leading to heavy medical expenses for the patient unexpectedly. To avoid such a financial burden, one should be ready with a backup plan in the shape of a medical insurance plan for dengue. So, is dengue covered in medical insurance? Allow us to discover more about it.
Is Dengue Covered Under Health Insurance?
Having understood what’s Dengue, it is clear for anyone all in favour of buying a medical insurance policy to look up for a dengue cover. Presently, all of the reputed health insurers are providing medical insurance plans with a correct dengue cover to supply financial aid to the policyholder. Dengue coverage comes under the Standard Vector-Borne Disease Health Policy or IRDAI. In response to this policy, all vector-borne diseases like Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunya, Filaria, Zika virus, Napa virus, Kala-Azar, and Japanese Encephalitis might be covered under medical insurance plans.
Although the milder cases of dengue could also be treated through painkillers, and a healthy food regimen. Sometimes, dengue fever might have procedures like blood transfusions during hospitalization. These expenses are naturally able to poking a hole within the pocket of an individual. So, keeping this in mind, dengue coverage is now a distinguished a part of the medical insurance sector.
Why go for Health Insurance with a Dengue Cover?
When you are still unsure in regards to the need for a dengue cover, worry not! Reading the next advantages of an insurance plan with a dengue cover will persuade you needless to say:
- Cashless Claim Advantages: Those that buy a medical insurance plan with a dengue cover get the advantage of a cashless claim profit at any of the network hospitals of the insurer. They needn’t worry about their funds and may focus only on availing the very best treatment for dengue, because the medical insurance company will offer cashless treatment, as per the policy coverage.
- Pre- and Post-Hospitalization Coverage: Considered one of the prime advantages is hospitalisation insurance for dengue fever. Generally, all reputed health insurers provide a 30-day pre-hospitalization and 60-day post-hospitalization coverage period to the policyholders.
- Complimentary Healthcare Check-ups: Go for a dengue cover together with your medical insurance plan to avail yourself the complementary healthcare check-ups. All the key medical insurance corporations happily offer free health check-ups to the policyholders to stop the possibilities of critical illnesses and complications.
- Various In-Patient Cost Advantages: Buying a medical insurance plan with dengue cover also lets you fetch various in-patient cost advantages. Take, for example, the ICU charges, room rents, ambulance charges, day-care treatment, and so forth.
What is roofed under a Health Insurance Plan with a Dengue Cover?
Have a have a look at the features of a medical insurance plan with a dengue cover:
- Includes pharmacy expenses which might be incurred pre, during, and post-hospitalization.
- Provides pre-and post-hospitalization expenses for about 30 to 60 days.
- Offers coverage for diagnostic tests before or during hospitalization.
- Provides coverage for in-patient hospitalization including ICU charges, room rents, and so forth.
- Proper coverage for outpatient expenses or OPD consultation and dengue treatment.
- Covers the doctor consultation fee pre, during, and post-hospitalization.
What’s excluded under a Health Insurance Plan with a Dengue Cover?
Now, that you might have learned about what is roofed under a dengue medical insurance plan. It’s time to even have a have a look at what’s excluded from a dengue medical insurance plan:
- Doesn’t cover treatment or medicine costs for some other disease other than dengue.
- No dengue coverage throughout the waiting period of 15 to 30 days.
- No coverage for dengue treatment is availed outside the country.
- No claim coverage of dengue treatment is taken from an unauthorized medical facility or hospital.
Best Insurance Cover for Dengue
Enough talking about why it will be significant to get dengue covered together with your medical insurance. It’s time that you just learn in regards to the best medical insurance for dengue. Have a have a look at a few of the hottest medical insurance plans with a dengue cover:
- Apollo Munich Dengue Care Health Insurance Policy
- ACKO Dengue Health Insurance Plan
- Bajaj Finserv Comprehensive Health Plan
- Care Health Insurance Plan
- Future Generali Future Vector Care Plan
- HDFC ERGO Dengue Care Policy
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plan
- Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan
Can we now assume you bought the reply to the query is dengue covered in medical insurance?While buying one such insurance coverage, ensure you do a radical research to look at the features and advantages of assorted health plans. Also, take into accout that there isn’t a medical insurance plan that gives an easy dengue coverage, as all of them often offer the advantages as per the policy waiting period.